Sunday, June 3, 2012

Tortillas


I never knew it was so easy to make tortillas.

2 1/2 cups for flour
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup plus 2 Tbsp of coconut oil
3/4- 1 cup hot water

Mix together until its the consistency of play-doh.
Seperate into 8 balls.
Roll out balls until it is as thin as possible (while one is cooking I roll out the next one)
Heat up pan on high. (make sure its slightly bigger than tortilla).
Place raw tortilla on hot skillet until large bubbles appear and the tortilla looks slightly oily (about 1 minute). Flip over and cook other side about 30 seconds.  (If tortilla doesn't cook this past, turn up the heat).



note: because the pan is so hot it may smoke so be prepared.

2 comments:

Amy F. P. said...

I love homemade tortillas! I sometimes make them and we have them with beans and rice and cheese for dinner. So yummy. I actually can hardly eat store bought flour tortillas anymore. They just taste blah to me.

Elise B. said...

Austin loves them. They're so easy to make I don't know why I even buy tortillas. I always forget I know how to make them.