Thursday, June 7, 2012

Balsamic Marinated Chicken

Okay... so when we were in Oklahoma I was trying to use up most of my food.  One night I made this up out of necessity and the boys loved it.  I made it on Sunday again and Rich loved it too so I thought I'd share.  It's pretty non specific.

Marinate your chicken in a combination of:
Balsamic vinegar
Olive Oil
A sprinkle of garlic salt (to taste)

I usually put it in a ziplock in the morning and keep it in the fridge until I'm ready to cook it.  Then I put it all in a baking dish and bake for 30 minutes (or until cooked through) at 350 degrees.  I serve it with a veggie and rice or homemade french fries.

5 comments:

Elise B. said...

That sounds really good. Do you think it would cook well in the crockpot? Is there a particular ratio of Balsamic vinegar and olive oil that you used? I'm excited to try it.

jeanine said...

I bet it would be great in the crockpot as long as you had enough liquid in there... you'll have to let me know if you try it. Honestly though it only takes 30 minutes or so to cook. I didn't have a ratio of oil to vinegar... just did it by looking.

Elise said...

I'm just trying to turn on the oven as little as possible. I'll have to play aroundd with it and let you know how it is.

jeanine said...

I forgot to say that I cover it with foil until the last few minutes.

jeanine said...

This would probably grill well too